Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Krzysztof Kieslowski's Decalogue







Decalogue Three,
Cinematography: Piotr Sobocinski. "No, mine."

Decalogue Two, Cinematography: Edward Klosinski. "I can touch the table."

Decalogue One,
Cinematography: Wieslaw Zdort.

The Decalogue: I'm finally watching this (the first three) after a few too many tries. The filming is beautiful. The shadows are odd and real. I love the recovering man in Decalogue Two saying "I can touch the table." I can't remember if his hands actually make it all the way there. Three is really weird and awesome: on Christmas Eve, two people visit a morgue to view a legless corpse and find naked drunks being hosed down in an alcohol treatment center looking for a lost man who isn't lost. They try to die by driving too fast with seatbelts unfastened, but they make it through the night. Decalogue One is slower, with a young boy and a talking computer. Oh and moral dilemmas. We know them too well.

No comments: