Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Darjeeling Limited



Wes Anderson is a director I've grown up with. I have two Rushmore posters in a hall.

Talking to Julia, I was thinking about the way each time a movie comes out, many people are quick to say, This is it. This is his first bad one. This is a bad album.

I like what someone said about an author, I don't care what she's saying in this book. I just like spending time with her.

The Darjeeling Limited is amazing. At first I am unable to get lost in it (which I think maybe is the point), then as the same song is played repeatedly, I begin to love that song (Where Do You Go to (My Lovely), Peter Sarstedt), and I'm lost in the movie. Which is a lot like life.

When I read the Anthony Lane review in The New Yorker, I thought it wasn't favorable. But when I reread it after seeing the movie, I thought it was.

It's not perfect. The women should be cooler.

3 comments:

Adam Clay said...

I liked it a lot too.

LCB said...

I like what someone said about an author, too.

Chrysanthe said...

i really liked it. so beautifully shot and edited. music great as usual. the more i thought about it afterwards, the more disappointed i was in the peter character for not going home to his pregnant wife and for Wes Anderson for implying that brotherly bonding should trump responsibility.