Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The pull down to the sidewalk
as I bent. Attitudes I lifted
from your inside. Carry
that bulky cooler. Pack
my soul in a grocery bag.
The plants are dropping
their reproductive leaves.
This fish is chewable ocean,
just ocean to me.
Recycle your bags;
now we don't use them.
The pull to the ocean
unassailable, akin
to dropping off people
at their doorsteps,
to a bucket full of bread
by your side. This plant
lives because I love it.
Your plant dies
and your television attitude
that you like dropping off to,
shoves to the sidewalk, free.
Or throw away soul
that I made in college
before it jumps the shelf
in boredom. I don't
believe in that state,
but believing is suspect
as per.