Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

I think I had a successful foot surgery on Thursday. They sliced from my big toe down past the first metatarsal joint. I have some screws holding bones together in two places. I should be able to get around by myself in the next couple of days--on crutches. My bandage won't come off for another week and a half. I won't wear real shoes for a month. My surgical shoe is navy & white.

So if you are looking for me, I'll probably in my house. I'll try to be reading and writing. I took some photos of my crooked foot. When my foot is all better, not painful, and straight, I can get my crooked foot tattoo. This would be a tiny drawing of my old crooked foot placed on my new straight foot. "Foot" is something. "Food" is something. "Good" is something. "Goot" is nothing.

2 comments:

gina said...

I like the idea of having yr crooked foot tattooed on top of yr straight foot. Glad to hear the surgery went well. I wish you a speedy recovery!

Andrea said...

Great post, Claire.

Yeah, that it a cool tattoo idea. I wish I had a cool tattoo idea Are you really going to do it? I'd come with you if you want someone to and you happen to be in Minneapolis