Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dear Poets,

I would like to direct your attention to the sidebar. Please read. -->

I would love it if you'd email me a poem. Write a sentence or two about a poem,--any poem, yours or someone else's--and send it off to my class.

My class (basically high school) wants to read poetry. I read them a long poem from Coconut, and a few days later one of my students said, Will you read us that depressing poem again?

But we will also put your poem into Braille and study it part and whole.

And we'll send a Braille copy back to you (or to someone else if it's theirs & you want that).

Please repost this if you want.

Thanks!!!

Love,
Claire

No comments: