Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rae Armantrout Reading Thursday

When I took Contemporary American Poetry in college, Rae Armantrout came to my class so we could ask her about her poetry. I think her son or stepson went to my school.

At the time I thought she was pretty amazing. Now I know she's pretty amazing. I also know that at the time, in early 2001, I was trying to figure out how to stop working on poems and leave them be. I know this through the embarassment-memory of having asked Rae Armantrout about it in class. I wish I could remember what she said. I do remember that she had the ability to know when one of her poems was finished. I somehow learned it too.

Rae Armantrout is reading Thursday night in the Holloway Series at U.C. Berkeley, Wheeler Hall, in the Maude Fife Room at SIX-THIRTY p.m. with graduate poet Charity Ketz with Q&A to follow.

No comments: