Autobiographical

My full-length book, Where We Think It Should Go, can be yours via Octopus Books, Small Press Distribution, or Amazon. We better celebrate these hard copies while we can. When I'm not writing poetry, I teach amazing young people who are blind. I believe in a healthier future.

Friday, October 24, 2008

he was exiled by Augustus (my favorite emperor)

I'm not turning 30 yet, but as one of my students writes, "I don't mind what the future brings." Regarding a conversation we were having, my sister sent me the following. I like how Augustus is her favorite emperor.
---
This is the book I decided to read in preparation for turning 30.

Ovid: Metamorphoses

He was a Roman, but the stories are mostly from Ancient Greece. Also interesting: he was exiled by Augustus (my favorite emperor) for a terrible crime which was never revealed. The Metamorphoses is a very very long poem comprised of stories about characters transformed; Ovid had hoped it would redeem his reputation and enable him to return to Rome.

No comments: